Sunday, November 3, 2013

National Novel Read Month (NaNoReadMo)

Inspired by a post on one of the reading groups I belong to on Facebook, I decided to participate in this activity.  As most readers know, we always have a lot of books on standby.  Ones on our shelves that we chose because we want to read them but somehow life gets in the way and other books take precedence.  I know I can't go to the library without  checking the 'new' shelves.

So this month I have prepared a reading list and will concentrate on completing the read of these books.  Fortunately I've read all the books for the 4 book clubs I belong to so I can read from this list. Then I will write a review of each book as I finish it and post it here.

From my Man Booker Prize project (reading them all in order)

In a Free State by V. S. Naipaul

New Books

The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan
The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert

Recommended by my cousin

A Train in Winter by Caroline Moorhead
Carry Me Across the Water by Ethan Canin

To Read Shelf

Cities of the Plain by Cormac McCarthy
The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking

Not as ambitious a list as many people have put together but should be doable.




No comments:

Recent Books I've Read

  • Confederate in the Attic
  • Where Men Win Glory
  • Zeitoun
  • Body Surfing
  • Secret's of Eden
  • Sarah's Key
  • The Year of Magical Thinking
  • The 19th Wife
  • Out Stealing Horses
  • The Help

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

We retired after years of being in the computer support business, Jane with Brulin Corp and John with Unisys. We tried tent camping but finally settled on RV living. While we are part timers now, we hope to move to becoming full-timers eventually. John works on his HO model of Ellis, KS UP railroad and Jane persues her search for used books to read and sell on Amazon. We winter in Apache Junction, AZ and summer in Indiana.