Sunday, September 18, 2011

50 Years

I used to think those people who celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary were really old.  We recently had such a celebration and somehow don't feel so old.  Of course we just kids when we got married!  I find myself reflecting on all the good things about being together that long and pushing the bad to the back of my mind.  We have 3 great children, 5 grandchildren and 2 step-grandchildren.  It has become an effort to remember all the pets, friends, or cars that we have known.

We had one celebration in Colorado this summer with our extended family.  It was combined with a family reunion and I couldn't have asked for a better location.  Weather was perfect, scenery outstanding and we felt surrounded by warmth and love.  My sisters were there as well as my cousin Sue with a number of their families.  All three of my children arrived although all the grandchildren couldn't make the trip.  The twins were thrilled that 'we have cousins'.  It was a long, boring drive to get there from Indiana and Arizona so John and I are grateful that they all made the effort.


No comments:

Recent Books I've Read

  • Confederate in the Attic
  • Where Men Win Glory
  • Zeitoun
  • Body Surfing
  • Secret's of Eden
  • Sarah's Key
  • The Year of Magical Thinking
  • The 19th Wife
  • Out Stealing Horses
  • The Help

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

We retired after years of being in the computer support business, Jane with Brulin Corp and John with Unisys. We tried tent camping but finally settled on RV living. While we are part timers now, we hope to move to becoming full-timers eventually. John works on his HO model of Ellis, KS UP railroad and Jane persues her search for used books to read and sell on Amazon. We winter in Apache Junction, AZ and summer in Indiana.